Order No. (2) Of 2014 With Regard to the regulation and Licenses Concerning Practicing Professional Activities by Foreign Employers
Source: Labour Market Regulatory Authority Management
Chairman of Labour Market Regulatory Authority:
Having reviewed Law No. (19) of 2006 Concerning the Organization of Labour Market, particularly Articles No. (30, 31, 32), and
Decree No. (27) of 2011 Concerning the restructuring of Board of Directors of Labour Market Regulatory Authority, and
Order No. (121) if 2007 Concerning visa and residence permit of the employee and the foreign employer's family members.
After coordinated with the concerned authorities, and
Upon submission by the chief executive officer of Labour Market Regulatory Authority, and
Upon approval of the Board of Directors of Labour Market Regulatory Authority
Orders as follows:
In applying the provisions of this Order, the following words and phrases will have the meanings indicated against each of them, unless the context requires otherwise:
Law: Law No. (19) of 2006 Concerning the Organization of Labour Market.
Authority: Labour Market Regulatory Authority.
Chief Executive Officer: The appointed Chief Executive Officer of the Authority in accordance with the provisions of Article (11) of Law No. (19) of 2006 Concerning the Organization of Labour Market.
Foreign employer: Every normal person who is not applicable to the foreign worker definition in accordance with the provisions of law, conducting a business in the Kingdom, whether under his name and for his own account or on the name or on behalf of someone else account.
Professional Activities: Medical, engineering, banking and financial, economic, educational, training, and consultancy activities which their adoption schedules issued by the Chief Executive.
The Foreign employer may not be engage in any of the professional activities without obtaining license in accordance with the terms and provisions provided in this Order.
In order to provide the foreign employer with a work permit to practice the professional activity the following are required:
- The foreign worker’s professional activity shall be within the professional activities that cannot be practiced only after obtaining the authorization by the authority.
- The foreign employer shall fulfill all fees and dues of the authority.
- The foreign employer shall not be found breach to any violation in any of the fundamental obligations imposed by the law of Labour Market Regulatory Authority, and the rules, regulations, and the Orders implementing it.
- The foreign employer shall not be proven to be engaged in the authorized activity in violation of the enforce provisions of law and Orders in this regard.
- The foreign employer shall reimburse the prescribed fines as per to the final provisions in accordance with the provisions of the Labour Market Regulatory’s law.
- The foreign employer must obligate to health insurance to himself and his family’s members.
- The foreign employer must not be proved to be unfit for work or he is suffering from a contagious disease.
- To obtain the needed license from the concerned authority to practice the profession, in case the foreign employer’s occupation is among the professions that in order to be legally practice in the Kingdom to get such license.
- The foreign employer should not have been banished or deported from the kingdom due to criminal reasons or because of his violation of the provisions of the Labour Market Regulatory law or its issued Orders.
A- In order to practice the professional activity the foreign employer shall apply for license from the Authority based on the form prepared for that purpose or electronically, and he must include all the data and information specified on the form referred to and accompanied by the specified documents.
B- The residence application shall be submitted to the Nationality, Passports & Residence Affairs in accordance to the applicable provisions of law by the Authority after obtaining the approval to practice the professional activity of the foreign employer by the Authority.
The Authority shall examine the application for obtaining the authorization to perform professional activity in order to verify the extent it meets the data, the information, and documents specified in license application form.
Chairman of Labour Market Regulatory Authority
Jameel Bin Mahammed Ali Humaidan
Issued on: 17 Shaaban 1434 Hijra
Corresponding to 26 June 2013.
Last Update: Sunday 26 February 2023