Work Approval for Dependants
Spouses' and grown-up children who are on family visa or students' visa are not supposed to work in the Kingdom of Bahrain, unless they change the visa from family or student visa to a work permit. However, if one of the spouses' wish to work and remain as a dependant on their family visa – they could apply for Work Approval for Dependants permit and if approved will be granted a work permit to enable them to work and keep their family permit at the same time.
Note: Foreign Students who have an active student visa and desire to work in the Kingdom are required to cancel the student visa first and then apply for a new work permit. Download the Work Approval for Dependants PDF (1.13 MB).
- Download and fill out the Work Approval for Dependants PDF (1.13 MB) form.
- Submit the application form along with the required documents at the Client's Services counters or you can submit the application via e-Support by attaching the form and the required documents all in (1 file in PDF format) that does not exceed 3000 KB.
- To find out the status of the application whether it is approved or rejected kindly contact our call centre.
|1||Work Approval for Dependants PDF (1.13 MB)||Copy|
|2||Dependant's ID card or passport||Copy|
|3||Employment contract (Provided that it contains Arabic language)||Copy|
|4||Approval from concerned authorities (if applicable)
For specialized occupations (In the educational, banking , medical, engineering sector)
- For occupations that require specialisation (doctors, teachers, engineers, insurance, Banking Sector), the applicant must submit the approval from the concerned entity (Ministry or Committee or Central Bank of Bahrain, etc...).
- Dependant's ID card and Dependant's Residence Permit will not be changed.
|Service Counter||Headquarters, Mina Salman, Seef Mall - Al Muharraq and Riffa - Buhair|
|Contact Centre||+973 17506055|
We are Happy to Serve you in Any of the Following Branches:
|Branches||Working Days||Working Times||Service Access (Appointment/ Walk in)|
|LMRA Main Office - Sanabis||Sunday - Thursday||7:30 AM - 7:00 PM||Book an Appointment*|
|Mina Salman||Sunday - Thursday||7:30 AM - 7:00 PM||Book an Appointment*|
|Al Muharraq - Seef Mall||Saturday - Thursday||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM||Book an Appointment*|
|Riffa - Buhair||Saturday - Thursday||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM||Book an Appointment*|
* For commercial services only.
Phone Service Hours: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Application Forms/ Useful Documents
Last Update: Tuesday 21 November 2023