Skip to main content

If I have an employment contract for a certain period of time and I resign before the end of my contract, can my employer charge me for the work permit and government related fees?

No, the employer is not allowed to charge you any fees for the work permit, but he has the right to sue for damages as a result of the breach or premature cancellation of a time-specified contract.

For more information about the employee/ employer obligations, please check the below links:

Employer Rights and Obligations

Expatriate Employee Rights and Obligations

Last Update: Tuesday 28 November 2023