New Work Permit
Through this service, employers can submit a request for issuing a new work permit for expatriate employees to be hired on their commercial registrations.
- Click here to login to the LMRA EMS system and start the process of applying for a new work permit.
- Click on New Work Permit folder, and then click on New Expatriate Permit.
Choose the Work Visa Type and enter the required data in the designated fields. Permit period chosen should match the period appearing in the employment contract.
- Once you submit the application – An application ID will be issued.
- Print the application confirmation.
- You can check the application status by:
- Logging on to the EMS system.
- Calling LMRA’s Contact Centre on +973 17506055.
- After receiving the approval on the new work permit, pay the fees through the EMS system or visit one of the the accredited banks.
- Print the work permit from the EMS system.
- If the expatriate employee you applied for is out of the Kingdom of Bahrain then the Residence Permit should be printed by the employer via Kingdom of Bahrain's National Portal once the expatriate arrives.
- If the expatriate employee you applied for is residing in the Kingdom of Bahrain, then you will need to print the Residence Permit via Kingdom of Bahrain's National Portal or you can contact 8000 8001.
|1||Expatriate Employee’s passport||Copy
|2||For non-commercial institutions and non-governmental organizations: valid license from the concerned authority||Copy|
|3||For private sector: Latest paid electricity bill
|4||Expatriate Employee ID card, if available||Copy|
|5||Work contract template between the employer and the expatriate employee||Copy
|6||Medical check-up report for the expatriate employee, done in his/her home or current country of residence||Copy
|7||Resident Permit is required if the expatriate employee is residing in another country||Copy|
|8||Intention to transfer form (terminated Work Permit) PDF (120 MB) from LMRA website||Copy of the Intention to transfer form for in the Kingdom of Bahrain expatriate employees with terminated work permits.|
|9||Approval letter/ no-objection certificate from the relevant authority for certain specialized occupations. (for example, teachers, doctors, engineers, designations in the banking sector)||Copy|
|10||If the expatriate employee is already terminated and his grace period is expired, then you will need to obtain an extension of the grace period from NPRA||Copy of grace period receipt.|
|11||If the expatriate has entered Kingdom of Bahrain on a visit visa||Copy of the visit visa (must be valid). In case it has expired already, then it should first be renewed to enable the employer to apply a new work permit for the expatriate worker.|
- If the expatriate employee is having a multiple entry permit, this permit must be cancelled prior to submitting the application (whether the expatriate employee is in the Kingdom of Bahrain or Abroad).
- The employer must process the deportation of the expatriate employee immediately, if the employee had failed to pass the required medical examination.
- If the expatriate employee was in the Kingdom of Bahrain previously and was issued a personal number, the same number must be used to apply for him/ her again when entering the required fields during the permit’s application.
|Service Counter||Headquarters, Executive Services, Mina Salman, Seef Mall - Al Muharraq and Riffa – Al Buhair|
|Contact Centre||+973 17506055|
We are Happy to Serve you in Any of the Following Branches:
|Branches||Working Days||Working Times||Service Access (Appointment/ Walk in)|
|LMRA Main Office - Sanabis||Sunday - Thursday||7:30 AM - 7:00 PM||Book an Appointment*|
|Mina Salman||Sunday - Thursday||7:30 AM - 7:00 PM||Book an Appointment*|
|Al Muharraq - Seef Mall||Saturday - Thursday||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM||Book an Appointment*|
|Riffa - Buhair||Saturday - Thursday||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM||Book an Appointment*|
* For commercial services only.
Phone Service Hours: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Last Update: Tuesday 21 November 2023