Expiration and cancellation of work permits
EXPIRATION AND CANCELLATION OF WORK PERMITS
A- A Work permit shall expire at the end of its duration unless renewed in accordance with the provisions of this Act:.
B- The Authority shall cancel work permits issued to workers prior to their expiry in any of the following circumstances:
- The permit was obtained on the basis of false documents or information.
- The employee ceases to comply with one or more of the conditions for granting the permit.
- A final criminal judgment is passed against the employee for a felony or a crime that violates honor or honesty.
- Violation by the workers of the terms under which his work permit was issued.
- The liquidation of the employer’s business, declaration of his bankruptcy, cancellation of his Commercial registration or the termination of his license to practice commercial activity.
- Death of the employer who had obtained the work permit, unless one of his heirs applied for renewal of the permit within 6 months.
- A written request from the employer to cancel the permit.
- Failure of the employer to pay the fees and other payments due to the Authority in connection with the permit for a period exceeding three months after such payments’ due date with out a plausible excuse.
- A worker being infected with a contagious disease, which obliges for his expulsion from the country as specified in a decision issued by the Minister for Health.
Last Update: Sunday 9 July 2023